COVID-19 Update – Sheringham Recycling Centre reopening today (Friday 22 May)
Sheringham Recycling Centre will become the ninth to reopen in Norfolk following the success of eight centres that reopened last week.
Sheringham Recycling Centre will reopen to the public having closed on 24 March and becomes the second in the North Norfolk District Council area after Hempton Recycling Centre which opened on 11 May.
Whilst the aim is to get back to the normal services offered as quickly as possible there are some changes that customers should be aware of and we apologise for any inconvenience these are causing. To manage demand and help ensure safe operations, the centres will continue to offer a restricted service and:
- Require social distancing of two metres by all customers.
- Operate on a managed one in one out basis for vehicles.
- Manage any build-up of traffic for people’s safety.
- Only allow two adults out of a vehicle to unload their waste.
- Assistance will not be offered to help empty vehicles.
- Provide for the disposal and recycling of the main waste streams including green waste, general waste and charged for DIY type construction and demolition waste.
- Reuse Shops remain closed.
The nine sites open are:
Caister, Dereham, Hempton, Ketteringham, King’s Lynn, Mayton Wood, Mile Cross, Sheringham and Thetford
Open: 9am – 5pm